Tuesday, May 18, 2010

spelling bee

Max was in the 2nd grade spelling bee today. Each class sent their top 3 spellers to compete. They didn't send home a list to study, so we just thought of words and asked him to spell them. Max is an excellent speller and wanted to win so badly, or at least be in the top three to get a medal. I have never seen anyone more excited for a spelling bee. He made it to the third round and was asked to spell "tomorrow", he spelled it "t-o-m-m-o-r-o-w". He was devastated. After that round only 4 people were left and it went 2 more rounds. I went up and gave him a hug after the competition, he started tearing up and so I started crying because it broke my heart to see him so sad. He did an awesome job and I am so proud of him.

2 comments:

Leora said...

Aw, that makes me sad too! He such a smart boy!

D. Allen said...

Oh Max you did so well in the spelling bee--when I was in the 8th grade I was the school spelling champion and went to the city bee--when I lost I cried and cried--I know how you feel.