Monday, November 8, 2010

crummy cake balls


Tonight I co-hosted a social for all the squadron wives.  I decided to make cake balls.  I have never made them before, but I saw a tutorial online and it looked simple enough, plus I had all the ingredients on hand.  Things were going well until I got to the part where you have to dip the cakes in the chocolate.  I don't know what I was doing wrong, but they looked horrible.  My visions of serving up a platter of beautiful, Martha Stewart worthy treats was quickly fading.  I tried melting the chocolate more and ended up scorching it, so that was thrown in the trash.  I added oil to the next batch and that didn't work.  I only dipped about six and time was running out so I gave up and left the cakes at home for the kids and the babysitter.  They were thrilled.   Trevor thought I was being silly, "Who cares what they look like as long as they taste good."  Which I have to admit they were really yummy.

No comments: